Located at the southern-most point of the Mornington Peninsula, RACV Cape Schanck Resort looks out over rugged Bass Strait. Arrive at VTC18 by taking the scenic route and enjoy the best that the Mornington Peninsula has to offer.
Email Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your name on the Shuttle Bus list (Melbourne CBD to Cape Schanck return, operating both days of the conference).
Be warned, places are limited so get in early.
There are three main routes from Melbourne to RACV Cape Schanck Resort:
- The most direct route is along the Monash Freeway, taking the EastLink turn-off to Frankston, then merging with the Mornington Peninsula Freeway to Rosebud. Turn left at Boneo Road. The resort entrance is about 10 minutes away.
- A more scenic options includes taking the Nepean Highway to Mornington and then continue to the Esplanade, following the coast to Boneo Road, where you turn left and head to the resort.
- Alternatively take a detour off the Mornington Peninsula Freeway through Red Hill and Flinders, from where you follow Boneo Road to Cape Schanck.
Take the Frankston train line to Frankston from the city, then change to the Portsea Passenger Service (see below) or grab a taxi. Both are available from the Frankston Train Station.
- Frankston to Portsea – Route/Bus number 788 (Frankston to Portsea) – Turn left when exiting Frankston station. The bus runs approximately every 45 mins Monday-Friday, every one hour and 10 minutes on Saturdays and every two hours from 10 am on Sundays. See Public Transport Victoria for more information. After disembarking at Rosebud, catch a taxi to RACV Cape Schanck Resort. The phone number for taxis is 13CABS.
- Melbourne Tullamarine Airport Bus – Southern and Bayside Suburbs – Take the airport bus from Melbourne’s Tullamarine Airport to Rosebud, and then catch a taxi to RACV Cape Schanck Resort.
Bus cost: $40 adult one way/ $72 adult return trip.
Note: It is essential to book the Airport Bus on 03 9783 1199 prior to travelling as spaces are limited.
Searoad Ferries, the car and passenger ferry, connects the Bellarine and Mornington Peninsulas. The 40 minute crossing is a relaxing and time saving alternative to the drive through the city, on toll roads and through city traffic. Two all weather ferries depart Queenscliff Harbour and Sorrento Pier, every hour on the hour from 7am to 6pm every day. Glide by cliff top mansions and spectacular coastline all viewed from the lounges or observation decks. There is a licensed café, wi-fi and a children’s play area. Dolphin spotting is optional!
Phone: 03 5257 4500 Cost: $12 adult one way foot passenger, concession and family tickets available; $65 one way/$120 return car & driver.
For more information on pricing and timetables visit the Searoad Ferries website.